The community center has opportunities available for volunteers to give of their time, talents and energy. If you have a few hours a week, a month, or whatever works for your schedule, we have a place for you! The Mt. Sterling Community Center serves the Mt. Sterling and surrounding area.
Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Receptionists – Answer the phone, greet visitors, answer questions and refer inquiries, make coffee, make snacks for children, help to provide supervision during children’s activities, visit with and conduct tours for visitors.
- Food Pantry – Help with the monthly delivery from Mid-Ohio Foodbank, work in the Food Pantry Tuesday evenings or Thursday mornings to assist people as they make their food choices, restock shelves, shop for food and other necessities.
- Children’s Activities – After school activities including reading, arts and crafts, sports, music, drama, dance and snacks and homework help, computer time and tutoring available upon request. Summer activities including games, crafts, sports and lunch.
- Open Gym for children and adults – Assist adults and parents/guardians with required forms; register participants when they enter and leave center; oversee activities in the gym and youth room. The center needs at least one responsible adult, preferably two, to serve in this capacity for companionship and supervision. A receptionist should be on duty during these times as well.
- Fundraising Events – Serve on planning committees; assist with publicity and public relations; assist in the kitchen and elsewhere as needed, cooks and bakers are always welcome J
- Program Leadership – Create and lead a program that will provide learning opportunities for the community. See the MSCC director for further information.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please pick up/download and complete out a volunteer form and return it to the center or call the center with any questions. Community center activities offer a variety of hours for volunteer work. Volunteers are asked to have a background check completed at the center’s cost and agree to maintain confidentiality when working at the center. All volunteer time is greatly appreciated and helps the center’s vision become a reality. Thank you for supporting your Mt. Sterling Community Center!